Google Website Translator Gadget

Thursday, April 7, 2011

French Farmhouse Style



I love Restoration Hardware and as with all stores, they are constantly updating their furniture line.  Their new line of French Farmhouse furniture is right up my alley and because I am a huge fan of French Farmhouse Style I thought you might like to take a look at what's available.

 


I love the rustic look of recycled wood used to achieve this style.  Add fabric covered chairs with nailhead trim and you have a more formal look or plain chairs for a more vintage casual look.
I would have a hard time making a decision on any of these styles but love the pedestal base on this one.





Any of these designs would make for a warm and inviting dining area. If given a choice, which one would you prefer?





Images from Restoration Hardware

If you are interested in more information on French Farmhouse style check out the book French Farmhouse style by Caroline Clifton Moore with gorgeous photos by Christopher Drake.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps your new residence will have some of these looks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, yes, I just loved the RH catalog with those pictures. Even my husband commented on it. I currently have a long trestle style table, so I might pick a round table next time. We are remodeling a home in Austin and will soon need to buy a new sofa. I am thinking of a sectional for ample seating for F&F. On the other hand maybe two facing sofas? Got any thoughts? We are heading to Amsterdam and Paris in a few weeks. Wish I could bring something wonderful home for our new house! Do you read the blog Une Femme d' une Certain Age? I think you would like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Marguerite, I just love Restoration Hardware. They have some wonderful new looks in their catalogs. I am in love with the last photo.

    You know, I like sectionals but find they tend to take up a lot of room. I like the idea of small seating areas grouped around each other if you have the space. If not, I think sofas facing each other brings warmth to the room and F&F can speak more freely while facing each other.

    How lucky you are to be going to Amsterdam and Paris! I am sure you can find something "special" for your home while you are there. I love anything French and would check out the Brocante's. How long will you be gone? It has been several years since we went and it was only for a weekend. My husband was doing quite a lot of traveling at the time and I was able to travel some with him. We spent a week in Zurich, Switzerland and went to Paris from there on our return home. What are your plans?

    I am doing another post on chairs that I should have posted on Saturday.
    I have not heard of Une Femme d' une Certain Age but will certainly check it out.

    It is so good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful post Kris. French country is so easy on the eye and always feels like home!

    Hope you well and swimming up a storm!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Panama City, Florida