Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Transformation and The Dragonflies

Inspiration comes from the most unexpected places...






I wanted to share with you an experience that happened to me several years ago. At the time this occurred, our personal life had taken a dramatic change from what we were accustomed to and sent unexpected shock waves through me. It changed my world and sent me on an unexpected path I was little prepared for but destined to go through.  

One summer afternoon around 12:30 p.m., I went out to pick-up our mail.  When I opened my front door I was not prepared for what awaited me.  There before my stunned eyes were hundreds of dragonflies fluttering all around in my front yard in the most beautiful colors I have ever seen.  They weren't in any of my neighbor's yards...just mine.  I remember thinking "Why are all these dragonflies in my yard and no one else's"?  I wasn't fearful and even as I recall this phenomena now, I can still remember vividly the swarming of all of these dragonflies around me as I stood shell shocked in the front of my yard.  I continued down my steps looking to my right and then to my left until I arrived at my mailbox all the while staring in amazement at the beautiful sight of all of these dragonflies and wondering what it meant.  At the time, I didn't really know or understand the significance of what it meant only that it was destined to bring about some new change in my life.   As soon as I got back to my front porch they had all but retreated, I suppose back to where they came from.

The details of the changes and how we were affected by them are not important, but what is important is that my perspective on life was forever changed bringing with it a more "transparent and deeper look into my soul and the way I looked at others. 

I wanted to share with you a bit about the dragonfly and what it symbolizes.  I have a special place in my heart for them and what their visit meant to me on that warm summer day and how it forever changed me.








The dragonfly, in almost every part of the world symbolizes change and change in the perspective of self realization; and the kind of change that has its source in mental and emotional maturity and the understanding of the deeper meaning of life. 

The traditional association of Dragonflies with water also gives rise to this meaning to this amazing insect. The Dragonfly’s scurrying flight across water represents an act of going beyond what’s on the surface and looking into the deeper implications and aspects of life.

The dragonfly exhibits iridescence both on its wings as well as on its body. Iridescence is the property of an object to show itself in different colors depending on the angle and polarization of light falling on it. This property is seen and believed as the end of one’s self created illusions and a clear vision into the realities of life. The magical property of iridescence is also associated with the discovery of one’s own abilities by unmasking the real self and removing the doubts one casts on his/her own sense of identity. This again indirectly means self discovery and removal of inhibitions.

The eyes of the dragonfly are one of the most amazing and awe inspiring sights. Given almost 80% of the insect’s brain power is dedicated to its sight and the fact that it can see in all 360 degrees around it, it symbolizes the uninhibited vision of the mind and the ability to see beyond the limitations of the human self. It also in a manner of speaking symbolizes a man/woman’s rising from materialism to be able to see beyond the mundane into the vastness that is really our Universe, and our own minds.


I find myself looking back to this period in my life with awe, thankful for the experience and the changes that were the result of it.

Source of Information From:(HERE)

14 comments:

  1. The sight of a dragonfly always fills me with amazement. They are so beautiful. I enjoyed reading about your experience and how it affected you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what you experienced is unreal. your story is very inspriring for all of us to embrace change and growth.

    A few days ago i drew a beautiful princess called Pupa, and suddenly added butterflies - symbol of change and transition too.
    something is in the air... Gosh you give me goosebumps!!
    xo sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an Amazing story Kris - I'm so happy you shared it! It brought tears to my eyes. It's a true reminder of how much we don't know and how we should embrace it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely story about a lovely creature and an amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, have always loved the Dragonfly..and having grown up on the water, they were always present..
    what an amazing story and that the dragonfly has been a good symbol for you and has aided your journey...
    blessing to you!
    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kris,
    I love this post. Thank you for sharing it with us today. I had two dragon flies visit me two years ago right after my wonderful step-father past away. One of them was bright red and I had never seen one that color. How amazing it was for you to have a whole yard full of dragon flies surrounding you!
    xo~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  7. How strange (in good way ;)
    We were both at each other's blogs at same time.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love dragon flies...so delicate and beautiful. A pretty amazing story. XO, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wouldn't it be simply wonderful to have the eyes of a dragonfly? That way we can see outside of our own world in all its 360 degrees and perhaps be inspired to look beyond our own minds.

    Happy New Year Kris.

    ReplyDelete
  10. dear Kris,
    for a while now, since you send me that first e-mail i have been wondering why don`t you write on your blog as you write on those e-mails. thonse insiteful conversations that give me so much... `couse i think you write beautifully, meaningfully and with love for your readers...
    this is my favorite post on your lovely blog and one that might help me somehow to see changes as something possitive.
    Thank you : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning story!

    Also stunning what you can find under wallpapers!

    :-))

    ♥ Franka

    ReplyDelete
  12. great pictures and what a lovely blog entry and thoughts shared! happy weekend and thanks for your comments:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kris, you did it again! I love your inspirational stories! How beautiful you are to our Maker. Thank you for sharing this at Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see you next week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Panama City, Florida