Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Beautiful Colors of Spring

I walk usually 7.5-8 miles per day (not all at once usually 4.5 miles in the morning and 3.5 in the evening) and while I walk I love to look at all the gorgeous colors of spring.  Here in Houston, spring has already arrived and everyday I find myself almost tripping on uneven concrete while taking in the beautiful bouquets in people's gardens and around apartment complexes.  Well, really I do trip if you want the truth.




It always amazes me how all the different colors mesh so seamlessly like they just popped up that way.  Try to use this color combination in a home redo and you would be cross-eyed but outside among all the other shades of greens, and browns these colors bring in the first hints of spring's arrival.






Now who wouldn't want to walk down this heavenly aisle?  Simply breathtaking I'd say.










And to all of you who are just starting to get a "spring peek" with tulips, daffodils and hyacinths, hang in there if you are like me you will be so taken by all the gorgeous colors and spring like weather you too will be tripping while you walk.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures. I, too, live in Houston inside the loop! Museum District to be exact. The azaleas are fantastic this year even if the bluebonnets are not. What is the main focus of your blog? I have been reading many wonderful blogs mostly by ladies of a "certain age", which I enjoy so much. Thanks, I'll be back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marguerite,

    Thank you for stopping by for a visit. I agree, the azaleas ARE fantastic this year. We are visiting with my daughter, s-i-l and the newest addition to our family, 7 month Gemma who lives here. We will be heading back to Dallas Friday to help care for our other two grandchildren.

    You asked what the main theme or focus of my blog is and to be honest I don't have one. I love writing plain and simple. I do find that I have a tendency to write about social and inspirational issues but also love to write about movie reviews, current fashion trends, and just about anything else I find interesting. Sort of a potpourri on everything.

    I am very pleased that you stopped by and I will look forward to your comments. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Panama City, Florida