Google Website Translator Gadget

Friday, September 23, 2011

2nd Installment of Kitchen Set

So,  This is the second installment of my re-do.  There isn't really much to tell you all  except that I have finished 4 chairs and still have the base of my table to paint.  If I hadn't had to remove the milk based paint from several years ago I probably would have been done completely with the 1st coat of Paris Grey.  Here is a better look at the color of the chairs( I think).

It has been very time consuming to paint all the rungs and legs of these chairs but despite this, it has not taken nearly as long as I thought it would.
Painting in-between the lattice proved to be very time consuming.
Isn't this a gorgeous color!I just love it.
A little close-up look
What I can tell you is that I have found this paint so easy to use.  The paint goes on effortlessly and is such a pleasure to use.  So far, I love this paint!  The next installment will be on painting a thinner coat of Old White over the top of this color.

Stay tuned...

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kris,

    This looks like a fun project. Have you chosen new fabric for the seat cushions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the completed chairs. Today is so dull and wet. I think I will open a tin of paint and have a go. I have two old chairs upstairs that need a makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does take alot of time to paint all of the rungs an edges. Wait until you buff the wax. Ugh. BUT IT'S WORTH IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your chairs..the style is classic and timeless..can't wait to see it all complete..
    best,
    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kris, I have some good news for you - you have been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award! I so enjoy your blog. YOU deserve it. You can find out more by going to: http://projectqueen.org/category/ramblings/the-versatile-blogger-award. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The chairs are looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Panama City, Florida