Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Book Review...The New Eighteen Century Style

I recently finished this book and I thought you might like to have a sneak peek at some of the photographs that came from The New Eighteen Century Style book, text written by Michelle LaLande and photographs by Gilles Trillard.  If a picture is worth a thousand words then you will be talking about this book for some time.  I have written a book review for Fifi Flowers of the Reading is Fashionable blog and I hope that you will pay her blog a visit and read about it here.

Isn't this a gorgeous photograph

I love the white and transparency of this room and the gorgeous banquette
I love the doors as you enter the bedroom and the simplicity of the furnishings
A Beautiful Display Of Urns
Detailed mantle
A quick note to let all of you who visit that I will be out of commission for about a week or so after having to have some unexpected gallbladder surgery.  Yep, I had to have my gallbladder removed and because a stone had gotten into the bile duct and the surgeon could not get to it I had to have yet another surgery the very next day by a different Dr. to remove the one in the duct.  Needless, to say, I am not feeling too well.

Please leave your comments about the post on this great book because I always look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. my dearest Kris! i am so sorry your are going through such thing! I have just received the lovely- so lovely- packet you sent me.... how can i thank you... ( i am e-mailing you soon about that) all my best to you. i wish you a quick recovery. lots of love xxx all the way from Norway

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness that surgery sounds terrible - over two days! Mind you I am sure the pain you probably had beforehand was pretty bad too. Get well very soon.

    The book looks wonderful. I think I shall have a little look on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear Kris, so sorry to hear you are recovering from unexpected surgery. Thank you for sharing this on the blog. I wish I could give you a hug and a nice cup of tea for comfort. Please keep us posted on how you are doing. The book is lovely and I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris,

    I hope the surgery goes well - and wish you a speedy recovery!
    I'm off to read your review...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kris, I am so sorry to hear about your two surgeries. I hope that you are feeling much better soon. I have this book and love it. The mantel in my living room was inspired by an image in this book. Be well. Mona

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Panama City, Florida